Red Door Small Business Advice Centres
REAL ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVE (RED)
The RED Door project is an initiative of the Enterprise Development Sub-Directorate within the Department of Economic Development and Tourism. The Sub-Directorate aims to promote the development of small and/or black-owned enterprises.
· What is the RED Door?
· How Can the RED Door Help You?
· Resources for Small Businesses
· The Story behind RED Door
What Is The Red Door?
The RED Door is a one-stop shop for new and existing businesses looking for help and advice, from the most basic to the most sophisticated. We aim to:
· Help build new businesses.
· Help strengthen and develop existing businesses.
· Help create and build more black-owned businesses.
RED Door centres are easy to find in most large communities and towns in the Western Cape. We speak English, Afrikaans and Xhosa, and our expert, friendly staff will work with you to analyse your business needs and then develop a customised action plan.
How Can The Red Door Help You?
We can help you:
· Write a business plan.
· Identify and fix the weak points in your business.
· Find access to finance.
· Get affordable support from our network of business service providers.
· Find accountants and lawyers.
· Improve your business skills.
· Learn how to apply for and win government tenders.
· Find out about government incentives.
· Find out about client relations, marketing and research.
· Learn about how to import and export.
We also offer facilities such as:
· Internet access.
· Small conference rooms.
· Ongoing access to mentors.
· Community entrepreneurship outreach programmes to the youth, women, emerging farmers and people with disabilities.
Resources For Small Businesses
1. Start Your Own Business Work Pack
2. Support for Small Business
3. Business Networking Organisations
4. How to Tender for Government Business
Arts & Culture
Cape Academy of Mathematics
Crime & Safety
Emergency Contact Numbers
Examination Information & Results
Further Education & Training (FET)
General Education & Training
Home Affairs Offices
Municipal & Local Government
SA Woman Entrepreneurs Network